Enforcing Family Court Decrees and Responding to Enforcement Actions

A divorce decree or child custody and visitation plan is a binding court order. When one party violates the order, the other party can go to court to enforce it. Family court enforcement disputes can be contentious, so it is important to have an experienced lawyer by your side.

I am David L. Moreno, a Staten Island enforcement attorney. Whether you need help enforcing a family court order or you have been targeted in an enforcement action, I can help you understand your options, protect your interests and pursue a favorable outcome.

Understanding What Can Be Enforced and How the Process Works

  • Failing to cooperate on selling the house as laid out in the property settlement
  • Refusing to pay a child’s agreed medical, schooling, or extracurricular expenses
  • Denying the other parent access to the children during designated visitation periods

All aspects of family court orders — including property division, alimony, child custody, and child support — can be enforced through a variety of penalties and sanctions, up to and including imprisonment. Common ways in which people violate family court orders include:

If your ex-spouse or your child’s other parent is not living up to his or her obligations, I can help you pursue your enforcement options. If you are facing enforcement sanctions, I can defend you and help you pursue a modification fo the family court order if appropriate.

New York Divorce and Child Support Enforcement Attorney – 718-727-2327

A family court enforcement action is a serious matter that requires careful attention from an experienced attorney who will take the time to understand your concerns and effectively protect your rights. To schedule a free consultation, please contact my office today at 718-727-2327

Call me today at 718.727.2327

To schedule a free consultation, please contact my office today at 718.727.2327

or by email info@morenodivorcelaw.com
Call me today at 718.727.2327