Pursuing Creative Solutions in Parental Move-Away Cases

Child custody disputes can be especially difficult to resolve when one parent wants to move out of the area, either taking the child or maintaining visitation rights. If you or your child’s other parent wants to relocate, you are going to want an experienced lawyer by your side.

I am David L. Moreno, a Staten Island relocation attorney. I am committed to helping parents find creative solutions to custody and visitation issues in move-away cases, and I have the experience to litigate these cases when necessary to powerfully protect my clients’ parental rights.

Carefully Evaluating the Facts of Each Client’s Case

Once a child custody order has been put in place for a child, if either parent wants to relocate, he or she will typically be required to petition the court for permission. The other parent will have an opportunity to object, and then the case can either be settled out of court or litigated.

Parental relocation cases are very fact-specific, depending on factors such as the distance one parent wants to move and the options for preserving both parents’ rights.

In some cases, if a relocation request is approved, the custody and visitation arrangements may need to be modified. In other cases, it may be possible to preserve the existing parenting plan, with one parent paying the cost of transporting the child between the two homes.

New York Parental Access Attorney – Call Me at 718-727-2327

If you retain me to represent you in a parental relocation matter, I will carefully evaluate the facts of your case in order to recommend the best possible strategy to achieve your goals. To schedule a free consultation, please contact my office today at 718-727-2327

Call me today at 718.727.2327

To schedule a free consultation, please contact my office today at 718.727.2327

or by email info@morenodivorcelaw.com
Call me today at 718.727.2327